Right after the application we had the chance to discuss with WeMake team about our project, and we have decided to pivot our idea to a more tangible solution, easier to prototype during the two weeks of residency.
1 - SEARCH, ORDER AND EAT YOUR SAFE FOOD
- Scenario: Some people with food allergy want to go out for dinner
- Problem: People with food allergy often feel uncomfortable when they have to explain their health state to the restaurant’s staff
- Solution: We design an application mobile and a website UX-UI, to allow people with food allergy to:
- find a restaurant Where the security is guaranteed, through safe food and trained staff
- choose a dish from menu
- order/ booked online
- choose the arrival time
- find the food ready at the restaurant
- Annotation: A list of 50 startups changing food business: link
2 - BE AN ALLERGO-RISTO
- Scenario: Restaurant join the system
- Problem: Staff must be trained and educated on the needs of people with food allergies and on the risks of non-compliance with food safety management rules
- Solution: We will create:
- a guidelines for writing the menu including the allergens’ list
- login credentials to dedicated account for uploading menu on website
- The visual material helps the staff to detect the allergy person in a clear and discreet manner
- Food safety guide – rules to manage in a correct way clients with food allergy
- Annotation No profit association Food Allergy Italia, Padova, since may 2002 protect food allergy people’s health. F.A.I. underline how problematic is eating in a restaurant for people with food allergy, offering the chef card as solution. link
Surveys conducted by Food Allergy Italia and Cork SAFEFOOD Ireland about effects of Regulation (UE) n. 1169/2011, to clarify if the law has brought benefits to people with food allergy and their family members, especially about the restaurants’ ability to serve safe food. link
3 - TAKE CARE OF ME!
- Scenario: A person with food allergy book a dinner at the Allergo-Risto with his friends
- Problem: Meal is served respecting the food safety rules; unfortunately his friends don’t know these rules, so the food is contaminated by allergens. The final result isn’t ailment for the allergic person.
- Solution: Using easy-understandable drawings, realized on different supports, to inform diners about behaviors that should contaminate food ( for example: using the same fork to taste allergic people’s food). The goal is to let friend and family members understand the problems of people with food allergy.
- Annotation Video made by EFSA, explaining in a scientific and easy to understand way what are food allergies: link